Polyimide based optical fibers are now widely used in the oil & gas and medical industries.
- Quick stripping – A razor blade is applied to the fiber with specific tension and the coating is precisely planed along the fiber automatically. The process requires less time than the conventional methods of acid or heat.
- Safe, high quality stripping – Because hot acid is not used, the operation is much safer. The fiber quality degradation is kept at a minimum as the glass surface is not damaged by oxidization of the coating during burning or arcing.
- Flexible – Many parameters, such as the razor blade position and stroke, and fiber rotation angle are all adjustable for various fiber sizes and coating materials.
- Advanced window stripping capability – Standard polyacrylate coated fibers, Polyimide coated fibers, Carbon coated fibers and gold coated fibers can be stripped up to 25mm of strip length.
- Tension adjustment capability for 80 micron cladding fibers (up to 100 gf)